What is the game?
Hidden World is an adventure game in which the player brings the world back to life, uncovering items and solving puzzles on their adventure.
Puzzles may require special items inorder to be solved. (Mounds of sand that requires a shovel to dig up for example will uncover akey that can be used to open a locked door)
Where does the game take place?
The game takes place in the land of Hidden World, a mysterious world that has lost almost all color leaving it black and white. The origin of this lack of color is a mystery for the player to unfold.
What do I control?
The initial release of Hidden World will feature a male and female character the player can select. The characters will travel about bringing color and life back to the world using amysterious object they have discovered.
What is the main focus?
The main focus of Hidden World is exploration and returning the land to its former beauty. The player will find many items such as ancient relics, coins and treasure to help them complete their goal as they progress through the world.
• Bring color back to the world by exploring the areas filled with black and white
• Uncover tools, treasure and relics by searching the recently colored areas
• Collect relic sets, combining them into larger relics that help the player unlock newareas and puzzles
• Use tools to solve puzzles allowing access to new areas
• Help your friends solve puzzles by using items from your inventory
• Purchase tools, relics and other valuable items at various shops
• Players will have the ability to help friends with puzzles they are unable to solve at agiven timeo A player may try to solve a puzzle where they need a special key but do not havethe required key in their possession. The player will then have the option to aska friend help solve the puzzle for them. Friends will be able to view puzzle helprequests by viewing the player’s friend ladder. This ladder will display a list ofpuzzles the player needs help with Retention.
The driving story of Hidden World and the sense of exploration will bring customers back to the game. The player’s character will have a set amount of energy they will use as they performvarious tasks such as coloring the world, uncovering treasure and solving puzzles. Thismechanic will allow the casual gamer to play for a small period of time and return later whenthey have more energy to continue on.
Key Game Concepts
Coloring the world
Hidden world has lost most of its color and it is up to the player to return the world to itsformer beauty before it is too late. The player will have a mystical item in their possession thatgives them the power to bring color back to the world. This item uses energy as the playerwalks through the black and white areas replenishing the world. When the energy is depleted,the player must either purchase additional energy or wait for their energy to recharge overtime.
Tools, Treasure and Relics
The main game play element of Hidden World is exploration. As the player travels the worldreturning the color, they will discover many items to help them along the way:
• Tools can be discovered that were hidden when the area lost its color
• Tools are used to solve puzzles, discover treasure and puzzle items
• Areas that can be searched may hold treasure, tools and other valuables
• The player finds a shovel when color is returned to a portion of the area
• The player restores color to another area in the same vicinity
• A small mound of sand is unveiled
• The player uses the shovel to dig up the sand that gives the player treasure
• Treasure found throughout Hidden World is used to complete relics
• After finding a relic or purchasing one from a shop, the player has the ability to complete/activate the relic by adding treasure to ito Relics are part of sets and will be required to unlock certain areas