Telos is a game development company that creates game play products that represent emerging genres and advanced business models.
Few industries move and evolve faster than the video game industry. Telos is dedicated to evolving and innovating just as fast. We reinvented our business model in 2009. The overwhelming market move to digitally downloadable games and growth in cognitive fitness have been identified by Telos as offering the best path to commercialization of existing and future Telos games in market niches that are expanding rapidly or simply did not exist 12 months ago.
To provide that innovation and rapid response to market trends Telos has expanded its skill set and the senior management team is dedicated to maintaining its location in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island. The senior management team combines years of business experience that includes:
- Developing an R&D process to create and test games.
- Contract negotiating of distribution agreements
- Created a self-assessment tool kit for a suite of cognitive games.
- Product branding, strategic planning and public relations
- Management experience in high-growth companies
- Extensive experience working with technical/scientific professionals
- International business development experience that includes commercialization of concepts and designs, expansion into foreign markets and establishment of strategic alliances
- Educators of interactive writing and game design within the university community
Our development team combines professional artists and programmers not typically found in video game development companies. Mixing these innovators with entertainment industry experience offers a talent pool that includes:
- A team with extensive experience in computer languages and platforms
- Gemini award-winning documentary production
- Educators of interactive writing and game design at the university level
- Writing and production of comedy web series
- Music composition and sound design
- Television and film production, post production and direction
Telos has also tackled the challenge of distribution by forming a strategic alliance with video game distributor: Making Fun Inc. (See Appendix C), of California. With the traditional retail industry in a state of flux, and very few companies able to successfully break into the Nintendo market, Telos feels that the greatest opportunity for commercialization lies in digitally distribution and emerging platforms.
Operations Strategy: Telos is an agile company thanks to its size and entrepreneurial spirit. Telos can compete in North America on cost thanks to lower labour costs and cost of living on Prince Edward Island. At the same time Telos offers a high quality product in its games and high quality service for contract work it does for other game production companies. The Telos Team works fast to turn projects around and that timeliness along with flexibility is a competitive advantage for Telos.
Prince Edward Island is a great place to do business and Charlottetown has a growing cluster of ITC and video gaming companies. This has resulted in a lot of local talent, low costs of doing business, government support for the industry and good infrastructure with competition to supply strong internet connectivity.
To accomplish the task of creating games that are both fun and beneficial, Telos has integrated scientific research and testing steps (shown in blue) to the usual game development cycle. This differentiates Telos and offers a new value proposition to its consumers. Telos also knows that is not a leader in all areas of the video game industry. That is why the distributions operations will be outsourced to an industry leader in that area. This allows Telos to focus on the creative side of video games and generating game ideas that can follow a proven path from idea to conceptual design, prototype, testing and full production within the shorted period of time possible.